Life in the Fog

“My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive;
and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.”
-Maya Angelou

January 1, 2012

Memorable eats from 2011

Crawfish beignets at Brenda's French Soul Food on Polk and Eddy
 are out of this world.  Their chocolate beignets aren't bad either  




Hakka Restaurant- possibly SF's best kept secret of authentic 
Chinese food (at least I think so, I've never heard of it until a few months ago). 



More Hakka goodness- located in the Outer Richmond on 45th and Cabrillo





One of my favorite restaurants is Pacific Cafe, also located in the Outer Richmond.  
Pictured here are their crab cakes.  




My fiance and I loved Pacific Cafe so much that we dined here two nights in a row.  
The owner remembered us and coincidentally we were seated in the same table.





Scallop dish from Pacific Cafe.  On my second night I had the ahi-tuna 
with wasabi sauce (not pictured) - I highly recommend it.




Toyose, I was told was converted from a car garage.  I was a little skeptical but this cozy restaurant is perfect for cold, winter nights.  I recommend their kimchi fried rice and casserole (actually a stew in a cauldron-looking bowl and not what your mom bakes in the oven)

No comments:

Post a Comment