Life in the Fog

“My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive;
and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.”
-Maya Angelou

April 15, 2014

Sewing basics

I'm taking a break from curating unofficial SF style by district and instead, I'm going back to the basics and learning to sew in the hopes of creating my own clothing line.

My first step was finding classes in the city and I found one in the most unlikely of places - TechShop.  It's a shop that goes beyond manufacturing; you can also take a silkscreen printing or textile classes without having to be a member.




The space was pretty neat and it was great seeing all the different kinds of equipment and watching people actually make things.  Also, you get to meet people and learn about the interesting projects they're working on and most importantly, the instructor made it really easy to learn how to sew.

I wish I can show you the outcome of the little pouch bag I made, but I'm way too embarrassed.

No comments:

Post a Comment