Life in the Fog

“My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive;
and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.”
-Maya Angelou

January 31, 2015

Exploring the Marina in San Francisco

Splendor in the grass at the Palace of Fine Arts

It was such a warm, sunny day in the City that I took advantage of it by exploring the Marina.  I love coming here for the amazing ocean views as well as the shopping.  Who doesn't love Heidi Says or Ambiance, which has the perfect mix of high-low fashion.  I have to admit though it felt a little strange wearing shorts for the second straight weekend in a row in San Francisco.

We spent the afternoon walking along Fillmore Steet and popped into the Jonathan Adler store for a bit.  Unfortunately, I can't afford anything in there, but it's always fun to see what's new in home decor.   I also got to do my own version of Abbey Road, er, Broadway Street rather and that was an adventure in itself trying to get some awesome shots- thanks in part to my talented, awesome photographer-husband.

If you've visiting the Marina and it's your first time here, I have to warn you that walking up and down the steep steps on Fillmore and Broadway is a work-out in itself and I don't recommend wearing thong sandals or flip flops.  I've been here more than once, you'd think I'd know this by now.   Afterwards we headed over to the Palace of Fine Arts and breathed in the scenery.  There's birds and ducks floating along the pond and it's so lovely and tranquil against the backdrop of the pillars of the Palace that you'll find many couples having their engagement photos taken here.









Exploring the Marina neighborhood




The mighty pillars at the Palace of Fine Arts


For the fashionably curious:
Chanel small classic flap
Anthropolgie thong sandals 
Ray-Ban Wayfarer sunglasses
BDG mid-rise shorts from Jeremy's
H&M Polka dot button-up shirt

All photos in this post by Timothy Lee

1 comment: