Life in the Fog

“My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive;
and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.”
-Maya Angelou

October 16, 2015

Great Capes

I've been MIA for over a month preparing for the arrival of our baby girl.  With back-to-back baby showers, organizing the nursery/guest room, and receiving all the helpful advice from family and friends, it's nice to take a breather from all things baby once in a while and squeeze in a little fashion fun.

One of the things I look forward to wearing in the fall besides my super comfy burgundy velvet skinny pants, worn-in cable knit sweaters, preppy pea coats, and riding boots (okay I wear these year round in SF) are capes.  I've been searching high and low for some perfect options and at the right price point and here are a few I found at one of my favorite fashion search engine websites, ShopStyle.



Capes for less than $100, I've got my eye on the Ralph Lauren waffle-knit cape (left) and Nasty Gal Champagne Taste cape blazer





Perfect for chilly nights in the Mission: Alice + Olivia Kingsley cape coat




For a more structured look for work: Red Valentino Wool-blend button-front cape


1 comment: